Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting here for You

"Do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the good that endures to eternal life, which the Son of man will give to you" John 6:27

God's answer to our prayer is to just sit down and believe. Without Him, we have nothing- we are so sinful and so weak and so deceived, yet God can overcome ALL of that. How beautiful is it that our Father looks with us with love and delight, despite all of our evil ways, and loves us, HIS BRIDE, as He loves His son. That is breathtaking for me to imagine. I can't explain how this fulfills my hearts deepest desires and my true acceptance with God. I pray that God will not let a day go by without reminding me of this and to make me independent because I am so worthless without Him.

Feast on God's love, His truth, and the beauty of His words:
  • He loved you and chose you before the earth was created (Eph. 1:4)
  • Even though you were intentionally fighting against him as his enemy, he loved you and intentionally died in your place(Rom. 5:10)
  • You have been completely absolved of all your sins, even those you have yet to commit (Col. 1:14)
  • The record of all your sin has been obliterated (Col. 2:14)
  • The record of his perfect life has been applied to you (2 Cor. 5:21)
  • His Father has permanently adopted you as a beloved child (Eph. 1:5)
  • He has placed his Spirit within you as a guarantee that you will persevere (Eph. 1:13)
  • He is guarding you every moment of every day (1 Pet. 1:5)
  • He is faithful to care for you even in the midst of trials (1 Cor. 10:13)
  • One day you will take your first step into light, and that eternal journey will bring you more joy and blessing that you can ever imagine (Ps. 16:11)

Sit down; eat, drink, and believe.
"I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst" John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment