Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Faces of God

If only pictures did justice on how precious the people of Haiti are; God is present and God is moving in Haiti. The power of prayer is HUGE- keep praying and enjoy looking at the beautiful faces of God.












I wanted to save the picture above last for many reasons. To me, this picture describes perfectly my trip to Haiti. Not only did I latch onto the children there (as much as they did me) but I latched onto a beautiful spirit and long life friend. I went on this trip not knowing a soul, as did everyone else, and I would not have done it any differently. I met Lauren Phillips on my way to Haiti in the Miami Airport. Our spirits immediately clicked- in so many ways! She is absolutely the most encouraging woman of God I have ever met my age. She has such a radiance of God flowing off of her and you can't help but want to be close to her (even in a tiny bunk bed when its 100 degrees and the AC isn't working!) Lauren has a love for children and a love for what Christ has called us all to do. But not just any kind of love, it is a love like Christ has for us- an unfailing, never ending, passionate love. I am so touched by this beautiful girl and I know God has placed her in my path for a reason. We have shared so many laughs, so many tears, and so much sweat (literately!) As Lauren would say, "God has a plan for our lives- don't run from it, but embrace it!" Such sweet words from a gorgeous soul. Thank you, Lauren, for all you have done in my life in such a short time. I cannot wait for our friendship to continue.......forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment