Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Timelessness

I always try so hard to fathom what is beyond our comprehension and understanding in everything God has created. He has a reason for absolutely everything He breathed life into- nature, humans, emotions, feelings, love, our minds, the trees, flowers, and even the time. God has created 60 seconds in 1 minute, 60 minutes in 1 hour, 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year. It's crazy to think of how intelligent He is and His purpose for the littlest things such as that. But even the little things can get us off His beautiful path He has planned for us to walk on.

God has laid a lot of things on my heart and time being one. For humans, time is a protection; we are frail creatures who can only handle 24 hour segments of life. Time can also be a tyrant, ticking away relentlessly in our minds. We must learn how to master time, or it will be our master.

However, we are in desperate need to just wait with God while He blesses us. Why rush? What does rushing cause? Nothing but stress, anxiety, and unhappiness may be some. God loves time spent with Him. He treasures it more than silver and gold. He adores us and the time spent with us. I've personally learned that I don't need to rush into God's presence with a "time limit" in my mind. I should learn to get lost in His love and forget about the things on my to do list or whatever the day holds. We are time-bound creatures, but that we are to seek Him in timelessness and dwell in it.

As I continue to focus on Gods presence, the demands of time and tasks will diminish. God will bless us for this, making His Face shine upon us graciously, giving us His peace. The amazing thing is our Father completely understands our feelings and our needs for things. Whether it be for time, love, attention, for a better job, joy, happiness, a better house, clothes, food, money.....whatever the need be. How could He not understand? We are made after our Heavenly Father. I am currently reading a book called "Think" by John Piper, and he explained perfectly how human nature is rooted in Gods nature:

"Human feeling and thinking did not exist arbitrarily; they exist because we are in the image of God, and God's "thinking" and "feeling" are more deeply part of His Trinitarian being that I had realized. God the Father hsa had an eternal imagine and idea of himself that is so full it is another Person standing forth- His son, Jesus. And God the Father and the Son had an eternal joy in each other's excellence that carries so fully they are that another Person stands forth., the Holy Spirit. But the amazing reality for our purposes here is that God's existence as a Trinity of Persons is the foundation of human nature as head and hear, thinking and feeling, knowing and loving."

I know with all my heart, God has a reason for the things that happen in our lives. We are each beautifully and uniquely different with all kinds of stories we could tell about the things we have experienced in life. The most important thing to remember is that it's all for a purpose, and that purpose is to glorify Christ. Share your stories with others, small or big, it could change a persons life for eternity. Dwell in Christ's timelessness. Forget about what the world says you have to get done; lose yourself in His perfect love and truth. He understands more than anyone ever will. He knows our needs, our passions, our desires and wants to comfort us in the difficult and good times. I have to continually remind myself these things, and that doesn't make me a bad person. I am human, I am a sinner, and I don't deserve these beautiful gifts from God. But that's the amazing thing- He is so in love with us that He wants us, as dirty as we are, to have the most purest gifts from Him. Gifts of wisdom, understanding, love, hope, knowledge, happiness, and peace. Wow. Just as God allows me the think about those things gives me chills. I could not ask for a better Father.

"If you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver an search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:3-5

(I was inspired to write this from my devotional- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young- I strongly recommend getting it!)

2 comments:

  1. I miss you girl! Your amazing and this was beautiful! Exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks for writing :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said, Amanda. Thanks for your insight!

    ReplyDelete