Tuesday, January 10, 2012

21 Day Prayer Challenge

I invite all of you to join me in this! It's free, just submit your email address and you'll get emails daily about what to pray about. I feel so strongly led to be apart of this. The older I get the more I realize how important prayer really is in our lives. This link below gives a summary of why the 21 Day Prayer Challenge....

http://www.markbatterson.com/uncategorized/21-day-prayer-challenge/

How moving? How touching? As Christians this should be no breeze. We need to constantly be in tune with Christ. Our hearts, our minds, our bodies, our souls belong to our Father. Think of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us. Yet some of us (including me at times) can't sacrifice an hour out of our day to pray? Heart breaking. My prayer for you is that your Spirit is moved by this challenge and, as you feel led, take all of this to heart and give it all to Christ. Below is a quote and a link to day one. Remember, just as David said in Psalm 5:3, "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning, I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

"One of the reasons why many people don’t feel intimacy with God is because they don’t have a daily rhythm with God. They have a weekly rhythm. If all you have with God is a weekly touchpoint called church, you’ll lose touch with God. Would that work with your spouse or your kids? It doesn’t work in God’s family either. We need to establish a daily rhythm in order to have a daily relationship with God. The best way to do that is to begin the day in prayer."

http://www.markbatterson.com/uncategorized/day-one/

No comments:

Post a Comment