Sunday, January 8, 2012

New year, same me.

So it's been quite a while since I have posted anything on here! It's finally 2012 and back to the ol' work and grind.

It's a new year, which for most means new beginnings. Some people have resolutions they want to make, some have goals they want to reach, and some are just starting all over again, brand spankin' new.

As for me, I am still the same. I still have the same goals set in mind. Not many new ones just yet. Of course, I would love to accomplish some things on my bucket list this year! (Lord willing)

For starters, God has placed a passion for children on my heart. Which is why I am becoming certified in education so I can teach precious little babies every day of my life. I feel as if God has also placed a little bit of a deeper calling for children overseas. I spent a week last summer in Haiti and fell in love with the orphans there. Going to Africa one summer to spend time with orphans is a huge goal for me. I hope to scratch that off my bucket list soon!

I ran my first 5k last semester at the Susan G. Koleman 'Race for the Cure'. It was absolutely a thrill! Thanks to my loving, supportive boyfriend, he endured the pain of 3 miles with me. This has sparked a bit more of a passion for running in my heart! I plan on doing a 10k in March, let's see how this works out! With lots of training and praying for strength, I'm sure it'll be a breeze. One less thing to mark off!

Lastly, for now, I want to sky dive. Good golly, what an experience that would be! It's one of those things where I really want to do it, but when offered the opportunity, I feel like I would totally chicken out. It's going to happen though. I just know it. As crazy as it sounds, I want to jump out of an airplane (strapped to a professional of course) and fly through the air thousands of feet above the ground! Talk about an adrenaline rush!

But, as of right now in 2012, the bucket list of goals and dreams stays unmarked. I'm sure God will allow me to accomplish a few more things, if not add more to my list! I can't wait to see where I am led this year and what blessings and tribulations will come my way.

(Me and my love in our last picture of 2011!)

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD." Psalm 25:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment